Wednesday, June 13, 2012

137/366 - The "accidental avocado"

One day last year when I was adding vegetable scraps to our worm farm,  I found an avocado stone which had sprouted roots and shoots and leaves, unnoticed in the darkness! I admired its tenacity so retrieved it and tried to encourage it to thrive, although the Wifie and I are famed for our ability to neglect most plants to death! However, this "accidental avocado" really bucked the trend, and grew and grew and grew!

I photographed it before taking it off to work to give to my green-fingered colleague F, so she could graft a Fuerte avocado plant onto it. Apparently it may not survive the experience, but I really hope it does!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that is wonderful - I have never managed to grow one to that size!

    ReplyDelete